Windows Phone market:
A week ago, Microsoft finished help for Windows Phone 8.1. Presently, as indicated by IDC's quarterly smartphone tracker, Windows Phone held minor 0.1% piece of the pie in Q1 2017.
- Phone organizations transported a sum of 344.3 million smartphones worldwide in the primary quarter of 2017 (1Q17).
- Overall smartphone shipments grew 3.4% of every 1Q17 year over year.
- Which was marginally lower than IDC's past estimate of 3.6% development.
- Android is driving the OS advertise and had an offer of 85% in Q1 2017.
- While Apple came in second with 14.7%. The exploration said that in spite of a large number of extremely appealing top of the line Android items.
- Android normal offering costs (ASPs) is declining and 1.5 billion.Android phones are required to be delivered in 2021 with aggregate ASP of $198, down from $220 in Q1 2017.
IDC said in its report,
Windows Phone shipments keep on falling as the absence of new equipment accomplices.Designer support, and general energy for the stage hint at no quick recuperation. IDC anticipates that 2017 volumes will decrease 80.9% to only 1.1 million units. Microsoft still can't seem to completely focus on any "Surface"- style assault for smartphones.To push new merchants to grasp the stage, leaving little any desire for mounting a full scaled rebound in the years to come.